Thursday, January 31, 2008

We

TEAM...Together Everyone Achieves More
There is no "I" in Team
The middle letter of sin is "I"

You've heard it all. All of the slogans, adages and sayings that try to communicate the importance of being with other people.

"We"

That is a word that is not often found on the lips of todays "clock watching...clock punching...clock living" people.

We live in a world that is bent on being all about "us." One that seldom takes the time to think about others.

Today's presidential candidates are telling me that they are running to represent my interests. Churches advertise that they have a program that is for me. Burger King has caught the idea and tells me that I can, "Have it My Way."

I am not sure I want it, "my way." Wait a minutes...come to think of it, yes I do when I think about my interests and my ways and my desires.

Today I visited with people who are realizing that life is not all about them. They are coming to discover that there is tremendous power unleashed when we think about "we" rather than "I."

Today I read a quote that arrested my attention...

There is nothing worse that reaching the top of the ladder
and discovering that you're on the wrong wall.
-Joseph Campbell, 20th century writer.
Everytime I climb a ladder of my own making, I discover that I'm on the wrong wall.

Socrates said it well, the unexamined life is not worth living.

I can't do this journey on my own. I need Him. I need others. I need other pilgrims, storytellers, and sages to guide me.

"We" is a lot more fun than "I"

Just thinking out loud...I need Him!

No comments: