Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Task


After several weeks away from blogging I am delighted to be back on line. Thanks for all who called and asked about Griots Corner. One person asked if the storyteller ran out of stories, and the answer is "no." I have been working on several other projects that I want to bring to life.


Recently I was looking through my writings and notes compiled over the last couple of years.


I found words written in my journal that I copied from a novel entitled, Chasing Francis.


The author is tracing the journey of a pastor who is searching for meaning and direction in his ministry with his congregation. In a penetrating moment, the pastor is reminded that "we have been called to heal wounds, to unite what has fallen apart, and to bring home those who have lost their way." p. 237


With a Presidential Election around the corner, I have been wrestling with whether or not the political process can usher in healing, unity and direction for people who are hurting and broken. My suspicion is that if this were a possibility, then it would be already happening.


I sense that healing, unity and direction will come from those who are a part of the Kingdom of God, from those who follow the King.


The people of God are uniquely qualified to address issues that have paralyzed governments. It will begin as each person who calls themselves a Christ-Follower realizes that they have been "called to heal wounds, to unite what has fallen apart, and to bring home those who have lost their way."


This is your friendly Griot, and "I approve this message."

1 comment:

Don and Shirley said...

It's so good to see you back on line. You were missed.