Thursday, October 2, 2008

Anticipation

In just one hour from now a historic debate will take place.



It is the debate between Sarah Palin and Joe Biden.



By the time many of you read this entry the debate will be over and the pundits will be working full time to help us to understand what they have said.



I plan on watching the debate for three reasons:



1. I enjoy words and I think they still mean things.

2. I enjoy a good old fashioned debate when the stakes are huge

3. I enjoy watching people articulate their thoughts under pressure




Depending on which media informs your opinion the person you support will be a winner in tonights debate.



My fear is that the American people will be the loser in tonights debate. Their interests will be sacrificed tonight at the altar of political expediency.



Here's my final thought before I turn my attention to this evenings' spectacle...



After tonights debate, I will go to sleep and get up tomorrow and head off to work.

I will work all day and come home and have dinner.

And the next day I will do the same.


I really want to believe that somehow tonight will make a difference in the fabric and future of America. Unfortunately, we seem more concerned about style than substance. Sadly, we seem more interested in how people say things rather than what they say.


So....Sarah and Joe, it's your turn.


I'm listening.

No comments: