Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Humorous


Today I went into my local Christian Books and Trinkets Store.


I was looking for a book entitled, The Missional Leader by Alan Roxburgh, Fred Romanuk, and Eddie Gibbs.


I was not surprised by the fact that they did not have it. I was not shocked by the fact that they could "order it and it should be here in 10-14 work days." (translated...it will be here when it arrives.)


While there my eye caught a shadowy black suited figure perusing the shelves. My first thought was that someone from Best Buy's "geek squad" was looking for a book.


Upon closer examination, it was a Mormon missionary. I knew that where there was one, there was another close by. Sure enough another black suited figure appeared and joined the search for a book.


Let me stop right here and ask, "am I the only one that thinks that it's strange that a Mormon missionary would be shopping in a Christian bookstore?" I am not here to argue whether or not Mormons are christians or not. I am not even here to try to figure out what the Mormons were doing in the Christian bookstore.


What I am saying is that it just struck me as being funny.


Then a thought hit me. Would I ever go into a Mormon Bookstore and Trinket Shop?


Curiosity may take me inside, but it would require something of substance to keep me there.


Today a pair of Mormon missionaries gave me pause to stop and think.


Oh, by the way, they bought a book, but I was so busy observing and thinking that I didn't see what they bought.


I know one thing. It wasn't The Missional Leader. It has to be ordered.

1 comment:

Darrel Harvey said...

what are you thinking?
mormon missionaries in the christian gifts and trinkets store makes as much sense as a peruvian harpest at a car cruise. (but then again you probably don't think those go together either)