Friday, October 31, 2008

S'Mores


Tonight our backyard was the destination of choice for over 140 children.

We did not do "trick or treat," rather we opened our backyard to the community and two big tractors brought hay wagon after hay wagon full of costumed parents and children.


A roaring fire + pre-packaged "s'more kits" = fun


I was surprised at how many children had never made s'mores. I was equally shocked by the number of parents that had never made them. It didn't take long for everybody to catch on.


I stood in amazement as people mingled with one another and enjoyed watching their children play together.


There were three lessons that I learned this evening.


Kids can eat a lot more candy than I thought. Glad they are going to their own home tonight.

S'Mores are more fun to make than any Wii game. Life's simple pleasures....aaaaah!

The Kingdom of God looks like a roaring fire with lots of friends gathered around.


I did not want everyone to go home...I wanted the evening to go on, but it is now quiet and I can still hear the giggles of kids licking their fingers.


The Kingdom of God is at hand!

No comments: