Friday, July 11, 2008

Interruptions




Here is a multiple choice question...


Look at the picture above. Is it


A. A picture of a tire destroyed in the Iowa floods


B. A picture of a tire that was left over on the SD card


C. A picture of a tire that was left at a rest stop on our way home


D. A picture of a blown out tire on the UHaul trailer containing all of our equipment.


We have been to Oakville, Iowa for nearly a week and have shot lots of pictures. If you answered "A" you might be right. You might even be correct if you said "B ." "C" is plausible.



But if you guessed "D" you would be correct.


We have traveled close to 1500 miles without incident then all of a sudden I felt the truck jolt and made contact by radio with our communications expert who told me that I just blew the rear tire on the U Haul trailer.



Everyone is safe, and for this we are thankful.


Now here is the really cool part of the whole story. We are sitting along side of I69 at exit 48 waiting for Roadside Assistance. The Lord may return before they get here but we are optimistic that we will be back on the road within an hour.




I said "while I wait I will update my blog." We are in the middle of nowhere.




Our CE (communications expert) said, "wait a minute."




He got out his cell phone and took a picture of the tire. He sent it by email to me. Then he took out his mobile card and fired up his laptop and I got the above picture in a matter of seconds.




So I am sitting on the side of the road, blogging, sweating, and waiting for roadside assistance.




Life is full of little interruptions.




I had no idea that all around me are signals waiting to be harnessed and sent through a piece of machinery that enables me to communicate. Amazing.
I am connected in the middle of Michigan countryside.
I am also connected to Him this evening and He knows where I am even if I am not sure.

No comments: