Sunday, February 24, 2008

House

I was at His House today.

I have been there many times, but today was different.

It was a day that reminds me of one of my favorite definitions of "revival."

Revival is when, "God gets tired of being mis-represented and decides to show up and represent Himself."

Yep. That's what happened.

God showed up. He represented Himself well. He destroyed all of our measly representations of him. He was powerful. We stood silent before Him at the close of the service.

Yep, you guessed it. A few people cleared their throats. A pew creaked. There were a few other noises that I couldn't identify.

Then, there He was. "How silently, how silently, the wondrous gift is given..." God. That's right God showed up. In the silence, he showed up.

It caught some people by surprise. Even those who had prayed a prayer something like, "God please show up and meet with us," seemed to be caught off guard.

You see, we think we can predict how, when and where God will show up. The only thing we can do is be prepared for the moment when He shows up.

When was the last time God showed up where you worship? I mean really showed up and did something that could only be attributed to His Power.

Do you remember the words from your days of playing Hide and Go Seek? "Ready or not here I come." Sound familiar?

I am convinced that God shows up when people are ready.

Just a thought.

No comments: