Saturday, April 26, 2008

Perception


Recently I ran across an interesting paragraph, entitled The Amazing Human Mind. Here is what it looks like....


I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulacity uesdnatnrd what I was rdenieg. The phaonemneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aodccrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dnsoen’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a word are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is that the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rrset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it wouthit a porbelm. This is bcuseae the hmuan mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azmanig huh? Yaed and I awlyas tghuoht slpeling was ipmorantt!


When I entered the paragraph into Microsoft Word the screen lit up with squiggly lines indicating that there were words mispelled.


What interested me was that I could read the paragraph just as easily with the words misspelled as I could with words spelled correctly.


I love words even if they are misspelled.


Waht do yuo thnki?

No comments: