Friday, April 25, 2008

Story


The week is over and tomorrow is Saturday.


I have no way of verifying the veracity of this story....but it is part of the fabric of today's activities.


Sitting in the waiting room at the hospital today, I heard a story that I found humorous.


He told me that his 8 year old nephew has plenty of energy that easily tires out his parents. He described the escapades of this little guy in ways that were amusing and captured my imagination.


It seems that he was suspended from his art class in his homeschool group. My mind raced to think of offenses that merit suspension in a situation like this.


Arriving home he announced to his parents that he was no longer able to take art lessons with his fellow home-schoolers.


"Son, what did you do? Why can't you go back?"


"I kissed my girlfriend?


"You what?"


"I kissed my girlfriend."


"Just once?


"No"


"Lots of times!"


Then the problem surfaced. The little girl that he kissed was the daughter of the art teacher. His parents probed further.


"Why did you kiss her so many times?


It spilled out..."Mom, my mind quit workin' and my lips took over."


I would have loved to have been there to see what happened next.


It's a great line...it's the kind of line that country music songs are made of.


What a great story to end a very busy week.


Enough said.

No comments: