Friday, February 11, 2011

Overheard

This has been a great week It is hard to believe that the weekend is right around the corner. I have been in  a lot of conversations this week, some that I was directly involved in and several that I overheard.


Before you think that I am being nosy and trying to intentionally overhear the conversations around me, let me assure you that the following comments were said loud enough for everyone around to hear.


Here are the big three from this week...


The Setting:  Barnes & Noble.  
The Conversation: A Person talking on a cell phone.
The Subject:  It was tough to tell but it seemed like some inspectors were at a local business and there were some shortcomings in their findings.
The Quote:  "Do what you have to do to comply and then as soon as the inspectors leave we can go back to business as usual."
Reflection:  I hope they are not inspecting airplane parts on my next flight. I hope they are not inspecting the kitchen in one of my favorite restaurants.


The Setting: Book Store
The Conversation: A Person talking on a cell phone
The Subject: A Person trying to scam his employer and the insurance company
The Quote"Yeah, I slipped and fell this morning on my way to work, I don't think I am hurt, but you never know, so I am going to the doctor and see if he can find anything.
Reflection: I am guessing the doctor will not be successful in finding anything as I watched the guy get up and laugh as he walked out of the bookstore. Now I know why insurance rates are so high and lawyers are wealthy.


The Setting:  Borders Book Store
The Conversation: A Person reading a magazine about opulent lifestyles.
The Subject:  A Person who is lamenting the fact why he doesn't have a bigger share of the American Dream.
The Quote:  "This trailer park has ruined by work ethic."
Reflection: I am not even sure where to go with a comment like that...


It is tough to keep up with the conversations that I am a part of, but when I overhear things like these it is tough to keep focused.


I am going to pay careful attention to my conversations today, how about you?

No comments: