Monday, May 5, 2008

Casket


I opened tonights paper and just when you thought you had seen everything, along comes Bill Bramanti.


He is a 67 year old village administrator living in South Chicago Heights. He loves Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer. He loves it so much that he decided to have a casket constructed to look like a can of Blue Ribbon Beer.


Yep, you guessed it. He ordered the casket from Panozzo Brothers Funeral Home in Chicago Heights and had it delivered to his home.


What do you do while you wait to get inside of a casket shaped like a beer can? Where do you store a casket while you wait for your time to climb inside?


So Bill Bramanti decided to throw a party and fill the casket with ice and Pabst Blue Ribbon and invite his friends over for an evening of imbibing and stories.


Just when you thought you have heard everything.


Now, here's my question. Regardless of what you think of Bill Bramanti and a casket shaped like a beer can, the question is, "what prompted him to design and order a casket?"


It caused me to think about some people I know and what kind of casket they might design.


I have a friend who is a NASCAR fan....a casket shaped like #24?

I have a friend who loves Starbucks...a casket shaped like a coffee cup?

I have a friend who loves Walmart...a casket shaped like a shopping cart?

I have a friend who loves to preach....a casket shaped like a pulpit?

I have a friend who loves to eat at Old Country Buffet...whatever the shape it will have to be big!


And me? I love to read....maybe a casket shaped like a book. Don't get me wrong, I am not thinking about dying, but Bill Bramanti got my attention this afternoon.


It seems like "ole Bill" is spending more time thinking about dying than he is living. I want to spend more time thinking about living than dying.


Wouldn't you have loved to been the person who took Bill Bramanti's casket order? Is that strange or is it just me?

No comments: