Monday, May 26, 2008

Relaxation


It is a bright sunny day in Boston. I woke early this morning and made a pilgrimage to one of my favorite spots. You guessed it. Starbucks.
I was ready for the day.

I entered the caffeine cathedral. In front was the newstand with the Boston Globe beckoning to me.


Yielding to the temptation, I purchased a cup and a newspaper. Two of my favorite things.


I have decided that when I retire I will imbibe on coffee and crossword puzzles. Both nurture my soul.


There is something satisfying about completing the newspaper as you take the last sip of coffee.


I am ready for the day. Aaahhhh! Ready....what a great word.
It made me think about the words of Jesus in the book of Matthew.
"You've been given insight into God's kingdom. You know how it works. Not everybody has this gift, this insight; it hasn't been given to them. Whenever someone has a ready heart for this, the insights and understandings flow freely. But if there is no readiness, any trace of receptivity soon disappears. That's why I tell stories: to create readiness, to nudge the people toward receptive insight."
Are you ready for the day?

No comments: