Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother


Today is Mother's Day!


Our family celebrated it with worshipping together, flowers, and dinner together at the local steak house....It was a great day.


My children have a great mom who has modeled love, concern, compassion, care and a thousand other traits. She's a wonderful person who I love with all my heart.


But at the end of this day, I want to pay tribute to my mother.


Here are the top eleven things that are worth tribute.


1. She was a great cheerleader....she said things like, "you can do it, I know you can"

2. She was a great reader....she read to us each night...I remember Pilgrims Progress and a thousand other books

3. She loves doing crossword puzzles...I inherited my love of words from her

4. She was a great cook....Still is!

5. She was a concerned mother....lots of attention to details... Drs. appointments, meetings, sports practices, and youth group events

6. She was a great driver....until I turned 16.

7. She was a disciplinarian....I am thankful for that now that I am a grown up

8. She gave selflessly...even when I didn't realize it at the time.

9. She loved her family...Still does!

10. She loved her church...Still does!

11. She loved God....Still does!


There are lots more reasons to pay tribute, but that will have to wait until next year.


So Mom, I salute you. I love you. Thanks for being a great mom.

No comments: