Saturday, June 7, 2008

Learning


Mark Twain said it well.


"If you hold a cat by the tail, you learn things you cannot learn any other way." That sums up a lot of lessons about life and the fact that sometimes learning takes place under less than ideal circumstance.


In my reading this week I ran across a sentence that made me smile. "We could learn a lot from crayons, some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box."


Learners understand they will meet some sharp people, some pretty people, some dull ones, some bright ones and even some with weird names. But effective learners know that we all have to live together in the same box.


I want to be a life-long learner.


Although there are times when I feel like I am "diagonally parked in a parallel parking world" I continue to desire growth that comes from continual learning.


What are you learning today?


From one crayon to another...don't miss today's lessons.

No comments: