Thursday, June 26, 2008

Signs


I was zipping along the highway late Tuesday afternoon as I was returning from Wapello Iowa. My travels had taken me to areas ravaged by the flooding in the midwest and I saw first hand the devastation caused by raging river torrents.


Back to zipping along the highway....Out of the corner of my eye a billboard caught my attention. I slowed down to read it and reached for a scrap piece of paper on the front seat. I wanted to write down exactly what it said on the huge billboard along the interstate highway.


Great Location....Amazing Opportunities


Then it hit me....that is really true! I can't remember what the advertisement was for or what product was being pitched. I was just struck by the slogan.


Great Location...Amazing Opportunities


When we grasp grace we recognize that any place where we are is a Great Location. When we are grasped by grace we face Amazing Opportunities.


So, I am thinking about making some grace signs and posting them to remind me that God's grace is all around me and that He is enough.


It has been about 48 hours since I saw the sign along the road. The impact is just as great today as it was when I saw it.


The apostle Paul writing in Colossians says, Use your heads as you live and work among outsiders. Don't miss a trick. Make the most of every opportunity. Be gracious in your speech. The goal is to bring out the best in others in a conversation, not put them down, not cut them out. 4:5


That takes grace....that is an evidence of grace....and it makes all things new!

No comments: