Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bonus


Every once in a while you run across a profound quote. You know the kind of quote that you want to write down and remember. I am talking about a quote that says it all.

This morning I took an early morning walk to the Kum-n-Go mart two blocks from where we are staying. I was having "USA Today" withdrawal pains.

The closest thing that I could find was The Hawk Eye, one of Iowa's great newspapers.

I opened up to page 3A and there was the quote. It was by Mark Lumbeck, County Sheriff. The reporter asked him to give an assessment of the effects of the 2008 flood. Here is what he said:


"We're going to be dealing with this for the rest of this year,

and probably next year."


Say what?


I don't know, his comment struck me as being funny in a serious kind of way.


Then it hit me...that is the way life is....we deal with things for the rest of this year and then probably next year as well.


Maybe Mr. Lumbeck has something to say....hmmm, just a thought.

No comments: