Saturday, August 30, 2008

Direction


Signs, signs everywhere a sign
blocking out the scenery
breaking my mind
Don't do this, don't do that
can't you read the signs.
---Five Man Electrical Band


Yes, I am old enough to remember that song when it played on a transistor radio....aaah such sweet memories!


I love signs...


I am always intrigued by signs that I see along side the road. When I saw this picture it made me wonder which direction to go....which direction is the right one?


Life is a lot like that sometimes. Sometimes people look at other people's circumstances and are quick to give directions and suggest pathways.


But it is one thing to have all the answers about what should be done and it is another thing to be in the middle of circumstances and try to decide which is the best pathway. Maybe this sign is closer to reality than we would like to admit.


Angels on a dark night made a profound announcement that changed the course of history...


"this will be a sign to you..."


That statement has provided direction for pilgrims in search of direction. It has offered hope to those caught in the quagmire of "direction-less" living.
The bottom line on the sign says, "good luck." When you seek the right path, it doesn't require luck....it requires trust.
Stay on the path!




1 comment:

G said...

It must be a "God thing" that I chose to look at this today because Chad and I were driving and we saw a sign that said "Faith doesn't make is easy--it makes it possible" You are right that we need to have trust in God and know that it won't always be easy but that He will be there for us--always! Thanks for always having encouraging words!