Thursday, August 14, 2008

Proposal



Thursday's are my writing day. It is a day set aside to capture the thoughts rambling through my mind and nail them down in print. It is a sacred day that allows me to shape words and thoughts into a narrative of meaning.


Some days are easier than others when it comes to the craft of writing. Some days are diamonds and some days are stone.


I am sitting in one of my writing spots and on a banner in front of me is a phrase that has arrested my attention.


Proposal for a Well-Lived Day

The best days go fastest. Keep Up


Keep Up.


That is a pretty tall order. That is easier said than done. But I think that is a great proposal.


Here is my confession...It is difficult at times for me to keep up with all of the things that are going on around me. Life seems to be a whirl of activity and sometimes I come to the end of the day and look up and realize that another day has passed.


They say (I am not sure who "they" are) that the older you get the faster the days go by. And I am discovering that is true.


I start out each day with a long list of things that I want to get done only to discover that life comes my way and I am trying to "keep up."


I ran across a website that can be found at www.gottakeepup.com. I thought about subscribing to some of their ideas, but then I realized that I was adding one more thing to an already busy day.


So here is my proposal for a well-lived day...


The best days are the days that we are fully present.

Keep this moment.


The task of writing is calling me and I am saying, "Present."

No comments: