Monday, August 11, 2008

Thankfulness




I was up early this morning and had the same feeling inside that I did when I woke up on Christmas morning.




After a quick breakfast, I went to see where the Nazarene Disaster Response trailer had been housed over the last year. Sure enough, there it was hidden from sight to those that passed by.




We backed the vehicle up to the trailer and made all of the connections in preparation for taking it back to Flint.




I couldn't resist.




I opened the trailer and looked inside. It was like Christmas morning.




Everything inside was in pristine shape. The supplies were all neatly arranged on the shelves. the equipment lined the front wall. I could not believe what I was seeing.




Everything that you can imagine that you would need to respond to a natural disaster is inside.




I am 120 miles north of Kansas City riding along US 36E giving thanks for God's provision.




Next stop....Wapello, Iowa...Next stop....Cedar Rapids, Iowa.




The GPS has been busy keeping me on track. I have asked it what time I will be back in Flint tonite....I just hear a little chuckle. I think I will make it back just in time to watch the sun come up.




But it's worth it all to hear the Kingdom call!




No comments: