Saturday, August 16, 2008

Preparation


Here is an interesting sentence tucked in a hidden passage in the Old Testament.


"Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you."


I have been alive for 2,651 Saturdays. That means that for the vast majority of those Saturdays, I have spent getting ready for tomorrow.Tomorrow is another Sunday...2,651 to be exact.


The word "consecrate" is a word that is not often used today. It means, "the act of connecting oneself to a course of action or purpose."


It takes preparation.


"Prepare yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you."


I am prepared for tomorrow. I have "connected myself to His actions and His purposes." And I am counting on the Lord to do amazing things.


Tomorrow will bring communion, worship, the Word, lunch and then a trip to another part of the Kingdom of God. Iowa.


I am prepared for tomorrow. I don't know what amazing things He will do, but I am living in a sense of expectancy. I will not be disappointed.


Over the next week be sure to come back as I share the "amazing things" that He has done.


Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Jodi Spalding said...

I'm so glad that we don't serve a god that supplies us with "just enough to get by," but rather exceedingly more than we can ask or even think.

I will stay tuned anxiously awaiting to be amazed!!!