Saturday, August 9, 2008

Road


I am writing this blog while cruising down the New York Thruway. Before you think that I am accomplishing this feat while driving, let me assure you that I am sitting safely in the passenger seat while my wife is driving the car.


We are cruising along at 70 and cars are passing us as if we are standing still.


The sun is setting on the horizon in front of us and we are reminiscing about the day.


Today was a family reunion in Cooperstown, New York. It was a great day. We enjoyed family and getting acquainted with people whom I have never met before. The food was superb, the conversation humorous and the day ended with hugs and kisses.


Now we are headed home.


The GPS system on the dashboard tells us that we will arrive safely at home at 2:33 AM if we maintain our present pace.


I am reflecting on that phrase...."if we maintain our present pace."


Here are some questions to reflect on at the end of the day.


Where will you be if you continue in the direction you are headed?

How long will it take to get there if you maintain your present pace?

What does the path you are traveling on look like?


The sun is setting on the distant horizon as we make our way home. To those on the pilgrim's path....enjoy the journey, relish the moments and savor the present.


We are cruisin....

No comments: