Friday, March 28, 2008

Enough

That is a strange word.

I have heard it used many different ways. "Enough already!" "I have had enough of that!" "Do you have enough?"

And then, "Enough is enough." What does that mean?
Just looking at that word on the page seems strange to me.

Here are some things that I have had "enough" of. I have had enough...

Speculation about who is going to get the nomination for the Democratic party.
What did Jeremiah Wright say and mean?
Who will "conservatives" support in the presidential election?
What other text messages did Kwame Kilpatrick send?
Emphases on "global warming" when I am standing in a driving snow storm on March 27
Who will win "American Idol?"
What "Book of the Month" will Oprah endorse?
How high gas prices will go?
When will the troops come home?
Why is there such a thing as a "sub-prime" crisis?
When will the potholes go away on the main road in my community?

I am concerned in a "sorta-kinda" way about all of these, but if I allow them they consume my time and my thoughts.

"I know how great this makes you feel, even though you have to put up with every kind of aggravation in the meantime. Pure gold put in the fire comes out of it proved pure; genuine faith put through this suffering comes out proved genuine. When Jesus wraps this all up, it's your faith, not your gold, that God will have on display as evidence of his victory." I Peter 1:6-7 (The Message)
I love it. "...every kind of aggravation..." I don't love the aggravation, I love the fact that the scripture says, "when Jesus wraps this all up." Sounds like one day He will say, "Enough."
Until that day He is Enough!

What do you think?

No comments: