Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Stretching


Last night I had dinner at Fuddruckers. The sign outside of the restaurant says, "the world's best" hamburgers. It made me wonder. The "world's best?"


It is amazing to me that you can get the "world's best" hamburgers right here in my hometown. All other burger joints come in second. Anyway, they may be right, my meal was superb.


Fuddrucker's was also the restaurant of choice for the meeting that I attended. The purpose of our meeting was to discuss ways to continue to experience God's presence in the church that I attend. The conversation was even better than the meal.


In the middle of our meal the word "stretching " came up. We were discussing our emphasis on "rest" and "sabbath" and what it means for us. Someone posed the question what happens after we complete periods of rest.


There was that word.


"Stretching."


This morning I woke up after a great night of rest. I "stretched" in preparation for a busy day of activities. Rest is important. Stretching is essential. It prepares us activity.


The rhythms of life are interesting. There are periods of busy-ness...times of rest...times of stretching. All are necessary if we are to fulfill our callings. The conversation last evening at Fuddruckers was enlightening and challenging. It was "stretching."


Maybe Fuddrucker's sign should say "the world's best" conversation.


I hope that today is a "stretching" day for you.


What do you think?


No comments: