Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Submit


Submit.


It is an interesting word.


I see it often when I am working on line. When I pay my car insurance on-line, there is a screen that says "submit" payment. Yesterday I completed my annual reports and was finalizing all of the details, and there was that button, "submit."


I will complete my taxes shortly. There's that word, "submit." I don't mind pushing the button to send the forms, but I don't like the idea of "submit" and the IRS in the same sentence.


What if there was a button that we pushed that indicated our willingness to "submit?"


Here's how it would work.


You are living life and a situation confronts you that makes you have to choose your way or His way. All of a sudden the button pops up. "Submit." Stymied by the option, your mind races. "Should I submit, or is this something that I can handle on my own?"


To often I am willing to try it "my way" and see how far I can get. If I get in over my head, then I am more inclined to push the button and submit.


What would happen if I took off the filter that says, "let me do it my way first," and just decided to "do it His way first."


Matter of fact, that's my new definition of "submit."


I am going to "do it His way first."


Eugene Peterson translates James 4:10 in words that I understand, "Get down on your knees before the Master; it's the only way you'll get on your feet."


Submit....how are you doing in this area?

No comments: