Sunday, November 16, 2008

Donkeys


This morning I talked about Donkeys, Detours and Deliverance from Numbers 22. I am not jazzed about the alliteration, but when I shared my thoughts with the worship team someone said, “Oh good a 3-D” message.

The message was a humorous one.

The story was funny. It's the story of a talking donkey, an angelic appearance and a couple of friends who stood in amazement at the whole process.

Every Sunday we broadcast live on the internet through
www.nexuslife.org and then archive the messages for those that cannot be in attendance.

Live broadcasting is fun but each week there are images shown that are not available to the listener.

This morning I showed an image that illicited a great response.

There was a snicker, a chuckle, then laughter broke out. The picture was funny and I promised that I would post it to the blog for others to see.

Imagine what went through the donkey’s mind as the last box was loaded and he felt himself floating upward. Think your job is tough?

The message this morning was a reminder that we often walk through life with lots of information about who God is and very little experience of Him.

I closed the message with this thought.

“Once your life is in sync with the story of God you become out of sync with any story that attempts to ignore or eliminate God.”p. 93 The Barbarian Way

No more talkin’ to donkeys for me…I am listening for His voice…When I do, my story gets in sync with His Story and I’m lovin’ it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"open the eyes of my heart Lord, I want to see you"