Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Risk


J. Hudson Taylor wrote, “unless there is an element of risk in the Christian life, there is no need for faith.”

I copied these words into my personal journal on February 3, 2004. I do not remember all of the details of what was taking place when I wrote those words, but in re-reading my journal I ran across these words today.

Taylor is right.

Risk gives faith an opportunity to be displayed.

Here’s a funny poem to end the day.


There was a very cautious man
Who never laughed or played;
He never risked, he never tried,
He never sang or prayed.
And when he one day passed away
His insurance was denied;
For since he never really lived,
They claimed he never died!



When was the last time you took a risk? Take a risk! Go ahead….live! Don’t wait for tomorrow. Be fully present in this moment and live!

No comments: