Wednesday, November 19, 2008

To Do


Have you ever had a day in which you got everything done that you wanted to get done?

Today was one of those days. I began the day with a long list of things that I wanted to get accomplished and at the end of the day I look back and realized that I got them done.

Now, there are one of two possibilities that would explain this phenomenon. The first is that my list was small and I could easily accomplish both items on the list. And the other is that my list was long and I accomplished it completely because I tenaciously stayed with it.

The truth is that my list was realistic and everything came together so that by the end of the day I could look back with gratitude.

Why is this kind of day unusual?

More often than not I have more items on my list than I have time to accomplish. That seems to be the norm, but today was different.

Before you think that I am an expert on Time Management, let me assure you that I am not. Maybe you think that I am never bothered with interruptions, be serious! Or you may think that I only put things on my list that are easily accomplished, again…uh-uh.

So how did I accomplish this feat today?

The only thing I can attribute it to is that today was one of those days where grace was at work in a way that I can’t explain. It surely wasn’t me, so the only other explanation is, you guessed it…God.

I am trying to practice His presence and that means moving at His pace rather than mine.

I am anxious to see what happens tomorrow. I already have my list and He is at the top.

No comments: