Thursday, November 13, 2008

Huxtables


After a long day I came home tonight and took a quick trip down Memory Lane.


The Cosby Show was on.


There was Dr. Huxtable, Clair, Sondra, Denise, Theodore, Vanessa and Rudy. It brought back great memories from days gone by.


The story line was always the same. Dr. Huxtable was always trying to teach his children responsibility in a "Father Knows Best Kind" of way.


He was a an OB-GYN who never seemed to keep office hours. He was always home to give guidance to his family.


There are several thoughts that are on my mind as I wrap up my day.


The Cosby Show portrayed a simple innocence in families

The Cosby Show was good clean fun

The Cosby Show always ended up "happily ever after"


I know that life is not simple and that there are bumps along the way, but for a few moments this evening The Cosby Show brought a respite from the demands of life.


One of my favorite interchanges was between Theo and his dad. He tells his father that the kids at school told him that he was rich because his dad was rich. With a crackling voice, Theo says, "Dad are we rich?"


Cosby looks incredulously at his son, and says, "Rich?" No son, you are not rich, your mom and I are rich, but you are not rich."


So much for the wit and wisdom of Bill Cosby.


I enjoyed my journey down Memory Lane tonight.

1 comment:

Don and Shirley said...

Seemed like some kids thought you were rich because you lived on Greenwood