Wednesday, February 25, 2009

AARP


It has taken me three days to process what happened.


It was 7:00 am and I walked into McDonalds to grab a quick cup of coffee. I had a one dollar bill and two quarters.


I have done this a thousand times and I knew that I had plenty of money.


The lady behind the counter poured the cup of coffee and turned to ring up the sale.


$.67


Yes, that's right...$.67.


I cleared my throat and said, "is that the right price?"


She grinned and said, "I gave you the senior price."


I struggled for breath.


I couldn't believe what I was hearing.


I thought to myself, "that lady needs to have her eyes examined."


I gave her my dollar and she gave me change.


I took comfort in the thought that you used to be able to buy a hamburger, french fries and a soft drink for less than a dollar.


Then it hit me.


You have to be a certain age to remember that fact. I paid my $.67 and left.


And by the way...I am OK with my age and the price I paid for my coffee.

7 comments:

Tom said...

There are a lot more discounts ahead for you and all AARP members...so I'm told :).

David said...

Congrats Pastor...you have arrived! Can I come with you next time for a cup of coffee at that price?

Don and Shirley said...

This makes me feel really old :=)

Lost in the crowd! said...

Might as well get use to it and to those other perks that seem to come at that certain time in life. Never thought there would be such a thing as an "unwelcome perk". Some days I would just like to be able to have my driver's license read,

age: "As old as my tongue and a little bit older than my teeth"

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I have been known to order from the senior menu at IHOP. Don't judge me.

Unknown said...

Hey are you still "griot-ing"?