Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Approved


Approved.


I retrieved my plastic debit card from my wallet and slid it through the machine on the counter.


After a brief moment the word "approved" popped up on the screen and the cashier handed me a slip of paper which I dutifully folded and put in my pocket.


I have performed this ritual hundreds of times, all with the same results.


But today was different.


The liquid green letters flashed "approved" and I stood there thinking about the power of that word.


There are people seeking the approval of co-workers and supervisors. There are children seeking parental approval. There are people chasing the approval of others and are willing to sacrifice all to get it.


My mind went back to powerful words, "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth." II Timothy 2:15


Standing in line today and seeing the word "approved" reminded me that God is more quick to approve His children than we are to receive His approval.


1 comment:

Don and Shirley said...

"Approved", what a comfort.