Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Funny


I can't resist...


Every once in a while I read a story that makes me laugh. I try to include others who I think would find it funny.


Let's see if I can tell it in a way that you would find amusing.


What made me think of all of this is a recent visit to a nursing home. You hear all kinds of conversations.


Here's the story....


At a nursing home in Florida the activities director gathered the residents together. After a few moments the meeting disintegrated into a myriad of complaints about ailments, aches and pains.


"My arms are so weak I can hardly lift my cup of coffee in the morning."


"Yeah, I know my cataracts are so bad, I can't even see my coffee in the morning."


Another spoke up and said, "I can't turn my head because of the arthritis in my neck." Others nodded in agreement.


"My blood pressure pills make me dizzy."


Across the circle someone said, "I guess that's the price we pay for getting old."


Heads nodded in agreement.


A moment of silence followed and one woman spoke up..."Well, its not that bad, thank God we can still all drive."


Nuff' said.

No comments: