Friday, February 20, 2009

Cookies


They finally arrived.


I ordered them several weeks ago. I tend to go overboard when I order but I enjoy supporting the organization.


Girl Scout cookies....yessir, I love Girl Scout cookies!


The young girl who sells them loves to come to me and make her pitch. The first time she approached me she went through her spiel and was hoping to sell me at least one box. To her surprise I ordered 12 boxes.


I couldn't stop. Everytime she thought I was done ordering I would order another box. Everytime I ordered she giggled with glee. It was worth every box I ordered.


When she tallied my bill she announced the huuuuuge sum. I whispered,"please don't tell my wife."


More giggles.


What I told her next shocked her. I cupped my hands and whispered, "go ask my wife if she would like to order some Girl Scout cookies."


Off she went. Sure enough my wife order a "courtesy box."


When we got home my wife told me, "I ordered some Girl Scout cookies for you."


Hmmm.


I said, "Funny, I ordered some too." I couldn't bring myself to announce that I ordered 12 boxes.


Finally, I told her, "I ordered some as well."


"How many?"


"12"


On the front page of USA Today the headline read, "Girl Scout Cookie Sales Crumble."


Hey, I am doing my part. How about you?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You're just such a good teacher that you didn't realize the spiritual aspect of the number 12 that you were teaching that little girl! I mean really, you bought one box for each tribe and disciple! The things you do to reach others, so selfless!
heehee-Blessings!
Lisa L (Dar's neighbor)
ps- glad to hear about your new ColdStone!