Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lessons


American Aviation.
Learn to Fly Here.
I can't tell whether the pilot had lessons already or whether he was heading toward American Aviation and couldn't find a parking space.
Either way, the results were not good. It made me think though.
How often do we have resources to guide our life nearby and we don't take full advantage of them?
There are plenty of "learn to fly" experiences all around us, and yet we decide to pilot our lives as if we are fully in control of what goes on around us.
How often do we find ourselves caught in "tree branch" experiences that take us off His "flight plan" for our lives?
Enough of the flight metaphors. Here is what I am thinking about at the close of this day.
I am aware today that He is in control of all circumstances and He is present in everyone of them.
I take comfort in that thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David, I enjoyed reading your past few blogs. I also enjoyed seeing pictures of the recent reunion and wish I could have been there. Life in Frankfort is very different than Nashville. (an understatement bordering on sarcasm). God is continuing to bless me and I am thankful. Tell your family I said hello.