Monday, September 29, 2008

Braces


Have you ever seen something that took you completely by surprise?


A couple of days ago I was wondering through St. Jacobs Farmers Market in Ontario. There were Mennonites everywhere.

I grew up in Amish and Mennonite country so there is nothing surprising in that.


What shocked me was seeing a little Mennonite girls about eight years of age. That is not surprising.


But she smiled at me. That was a little surprising.


But when she smiled I was really surprised.


She was wearing braces. That's right orthodontic appliances...railroad tracks....braces.


A Mennonite girl wearing braces....am I the only one that thinks that is strange.


This world, it is a changin'!


If little Mennonite girls are wearing braces, what's next?


Stay tuned.

No comments: