Sunday, September 7, 2008

Limitations






Today we were tested.






The temperature was in the mid-90's...the heat index was in the upper 90's.






The work from the ground looked rather simple. Remove trees and branches that had fallen on a steep (emphasis on the word "steep") roof and then install FEMA roofing (blue tarps).






It all looked good from the comfort of the air conditioned 2007 Yukon.






Life is a lot like that. Things look simple from a distance. Have you ever given into the temptation to offer advice and solve problems when you were in your comfort zone?






Today we were looking at the job and it looked so simple.






Then we started to work.






At the end of the day there was great satisfaction that we had accomplished something great for the kingdom.






I learned some very important lessons today.






I learned that people who are hurting express true gratitude with kind words.



I learned that when we think that we cannot go another step, He walks with us.



I learned that in tragic circumstances, there are humorous moments.






Let me close with a great example.






Before I left I scurried all over our community gathering plastic tarps to bring to Louisiana. I gathered as many as I could. I was loading them on the trailer and I looked down on the end of the box. Tarps bought in Flint were manufactured in Louisana.






Yes, you have it right. They were made here in Louisiana, shipped to Flint, and then we turned around and brought them back. Does anybody think that is strange. I had to laugh.






So we are continuing our mission...

No comments: