Friday, September 26, 2008

Baaaack


I'm Baaaack!


After three days in the uttermost parts of the earth (Petoskey) I have returned to the land of cellular service and internet signals.


There were both in Petoskey but to get a cell signal you have to contort in configurations that look like old TV antennaes on top of homes in Scranton Pennsylvania.


Finally, I walked downstairs in the hotel where we were staying and asked about internet service in the hotel.


"Oh, yes...we have wireless internet throughout the whoooooole hotel."


I said, "I have been here two days and nights and I got nothin'"


He looked at me with a pitiful stare. Mumbling, he walked off to "check" on things.


He came back a few minutes later and said, "try that." I did. I had internet.


They had been so busy checking people in and out of the Stafford Bay View that they forgot to maintain the signal.


Life is a lot like that. We can get so busy that we fail to maintain the "signal."


Now that I am back on line I will be sharing some pictures and stories from my travels. Believe me, there have been a lot of both. You may get a couple of posts over the next few days so stay tuned.

No comments: