Monday, September 29, 2008

Reflections


Over the last 72 hours my wife and I have had the opportunity to be at the Stratford Shakespeare Festival.


We saw three plays. One was a Shakespeare play filled with irony and drama. We saw two musicals that were playful, provocative and entertaining. After each play I reflected on the message the playwright tried to communicate. Often what you see in the play is a reflection of what the writer was trying to communicate. Rather than being direct, he hides the plays meaning inside of the dialogue and requires the observer to extract its meaning.


Sometimes I get the meaning. Sometimes I have to really work to see what he is trying to say. This weekend I got it.


In addition to attending the plays, the experience of being in Stratford Ontario was a rewarding one.


There were bookstores everywhere and everytime I would walk pass by I would wander inside and fare sumptiously from the volumes


There was a farmers market that offered all kinds of homegrown vegetables and flea market items.









































There was a horse auction offering draught and riding horses.































There was plenty of places for fresh coffee.





















There was a lot of restaurants to feed "play attending patrons."















The experience a a veritable cornucopia of experiences. I tried to be fully present in every moment and allow the time away to refresh my mind and soul.


Today I am reflecting on my time away and giving thanks for the Stratford experience.



















Tomorrow I head back to my day to day responsibilities...the memories of this weekend are fresh in my mind and will continue to influence and shape me as I embrace my responsibilities.


I am thankful for the experiences that have enriched my creativity and life.

No comments: