Monday, January 17, 2011

Atheists

Atheists by definition are people who "lack belief in the existence of a god or gods."  They are people who believe that no gods or deities exists.


Doug McLeod is an atheist who says,"I still say that a lightning rod on top of a steeple shows a lack of confidence."


Emo Philips, a stand up comedian says, "When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me."


It is interesting to see the influence that atheists are having on contemporary culture.


In a Pew Survey on religious knowledge released in September of 2010, it was reported that atheists and agnostics knew more about the Christian faith than Christians themselves. Even more disturbing is the fact that Mormons and Jews were more familiar with the Christian faith than people who called themselves Christ followers.


It's all very interesting.


Steve Martin appearing on Austin City Limits recently introduced a funny song, entitled "Atheists Don't Have No Songs."

What a way to start a Monday morning.

1 comment:

Don and Shirley said...

So sad, so true. Enjoyed the video though.